The Cold War Ends Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- The Cold War Ends Timeline
- The Presidency of Jimmy Carter
- The Election of 1980
- Iran Contra
- The End of the Cold War
- The Breakup of the Soviet Union
1. President Jimmy Carter brokered a peace treaty between _______________ at Camp David in 1978.
A. Israel and Egypt
B. Egypt and the Soviet Union
C. the Soviet Union and the United States
D. the United States and Israel
2. The term apartheid refers to ________________ in South Africa.
A. economic policy
B. racial segregation
C. restructuring of the government D. official scandals
3. In Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court ruled that a woman had the right to have an abortion without government interference ______________________
A. in the first three months of pregnancy.
B. at any time during pregnancy.
C. only in cases of rape or incest.
D. only in cases where the mother’s life was at risk.
4. Which best describes the results of Reagan’s economic policies?
A. high unemployment and a rising federal debt
B. low unemployment and a rising federal debt
C. high unemployment and a falling federal debt
D. low unemployment and a falling federal debt
5. Memories of ___________________ made most Americans oppose U.S. intervention in Nicaragua.
A. the energy crisis
B. the Camp David Accords
C. World War II
D. the Vietnam War
6. The United States helped to end the Cold War by _________________
A. keeping up with the USSR in the space race.
B. sending covert aid to the Contras in Nicaragua.
C. increasing military defense spending.
D. negotiating with East Germany to bring down the Berlin Wall.
7. __________________ was the last European nation to abandon Communist rule.
A. East Germany
C. The USSR
8. Why did the Reagan White House send aid to the Nicaraguan Contras?
A. to help them defeat the Sandinistas
B. to help them in a coup against the dictator
C. to ensure fair democratic elections
D. to ensure the return of representative government
9. Reagan’s theory of supply-side economics did not work as promised because ____________________
A. businesses did not increase their profits.
B. increased profits did not lead to higher wages for the workers.
C. higher wages did not lead to more consumer spending.
D. more consumer spending did not improve the economy.
10. President Bush tried to off set the federal deficit by _______________________
A. balancing the federal budget.
B. raising taxes.
C. cutting military spending.
D. regulating big business.
Add your own comment
Today on Education.com
SUMMER LEARNINGJune Workbooks Are Here!
TECHNOLOGYAre Cell Phones Dangerous for Kids?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner