The French and Indian War Practice Test
Review the following study guides if necessary:
- The French and Indian War Time Line
- Europeans and Indians - Conflict and Alliance
- The Albany Plan of Union
- The French and Indian War
- Effects of the French and Indian War
1. War between the French and British in the colonies arose from a disagreement over _______________
A. who would rule over the Indians.
B. which side would ally with the Indians.
C. territorial expansion.
D. religious faith.
2. What role did the Iroquois Confederacy play in the fur trade?
A. It brokered trades between Indians and colonists.
B. It resolved disputes between French and British traders.
C. It arbitrated disagreements between tribes.
D. It designated places where the French could hunt and trap.
3. Which best describes the Albany Plan of Union?
A. a royal charter for the colony of New York
B. a founding document of the American federal government
C. a loose association of colonies for their mutual defense
D. a freely elected legislative assembly
4. At the start of the war, the British strategy called for launching off ensives in all these areas except ______________
A. Fort Duquesne.
B. Fort Niagara.
C. Nova Scotia.
5. Which best describes Indian participation in the French and Indian war?
A. The Indians allied with the French against the British.
B. The Indians allied with the British against the French.
C. The Indians allied first with the French, then with the British.
D. The Indians took no part in the conflict.
6. As a result of the 1763 Treaty of Paris, Canada ended up ____________________
A. under Spanish control.
B. under British control.
C. under French control.
D. under Indian control.
7. George Washington resigned from the army because ___________________
A. he believed that the British commanders did not trust or respect him.
B. he was exasperated with the high rate of desertion among the troops.
C. he was never paid for his services to the colonies.
D. he was ambitious to play a role in government.
8. In what way did the war help to unify the British colonists?
A. It gave them a permanent distrust of the Indians.
B. It provided them with a reason to fight for their independence.
C. It united them in a common cause against an outside enemy.
D. It encouraged the leaders to pass the Albany Plan of Union.
9. Why did Parliament decide to make the colonies assume part of the war debt?
A. because so many Colonial troops had deserted
B. because the war had been fought for the colonists’ benefit
C. because Britain had gained no new territory from the war
D. because Britain had lost the war
10. The British beat the French at Quebec because they had ___________________
B. more troops.
C. better generals.
D. loyal allies.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Theories of Learning
- Definitions of Social Studies
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction