Reading Visual Aids Practice Exercises
Read the following study guide for a concept review:
Examine the flower illustration above to answer the questions.
- What is the stem of the flower called?
- a peduncle
- a receptacle
- an ovary
- What does a sepal do?
- protects the stamen
- protects the ovary
- attracts insects
- How many different parts are labeled on this diagram?
- Which types of flowers have the parts shown in the diagram?
- roses and lilies
- only lilies
- all flowers
Look at the price comparison table and examine the labels and units. Then answer the questions.
- What is the purpose of this table?
- How many grocery stores are being compared?
- Which store offers corn chips at the lowest price?
- Which store charges the most for mustard?
- How much does deli turkey cost at Buy Large?
- What is the cheapest product listed in the table?
Read the time line to answer the questions about the history of bicycles.
- What date interval is used in this timeline?
- How many events are shown in the timeline?
- In what year were spokes first added to the bicycle?
- Who built a bicycle with equal-sized wheels?
- How many years passed between the first bicycle and Macmillan's design improvements?
This diagram tells you which flowers bloom in each season. Examine the diagram carefully to answer the questions that follow.
- Which flower blooms only in spring?
- How many flowers bloom in spring and summer?
- If you want to buy fresh flowers in August, which type will not be in season?
- The table's purpose is to compare the prices of several products at different grocery stores.
- Three grocery stores are being compared.
- Pack-Save offers corn chips at the lowest price.
- Flyers charges the most for mustard.
- Deli turkey costs $5.75 at Buy Large.
- The cheapest product listed in the table is lemonade ($0.85).
- An interval of ten years is used in the time line.
- Five events are described in the time line.
- Spokes were first added in 1871.
- Lawson was the first to build a bicycle with equal-sized wheels.
- Twenty-one years passed between the first German bicycle and Macmillan's new design.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Child Development Theories
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Grammar Lesson: Complete and Simple Predicates
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- How to Practice Preschool Letter and Name Writing