Answering Writing Prompts: Writing Review Practice Exercises
Review the lesson for Answering Writing Prompts: Writing Review Study Guide.
For each of the following prompts, identify what type of prompt it is.
- Think of a time when you hadn't seen someone in a while and then you saw him or her again. Describe what happened when you reunited.
- Your friend has decided that he or she wants to start eating a healthier breakfast. Think about what you think he or she should eat. Write to your friend to persuade him or her of your opinion regarding what to eat for a healthy breakfast.
- Sometimes it is fun to be outdoors. Think about a time when you had a good time outdoors. Describe what you were doing and what made it fun.
- We all have memories. Think about a memory that you have. Describe that memory and what makes it stand out in your mind.
- We can all think of songs we enjoy listening to. Think about a song you enjoy and explain why you enjoy listening to that song.
- Your school principal has decided to ban cell-phone use on school grounds. Do you agree or disagree with this decision? Think about how the ban would affect you and your classmates. Write a letter to your principal persuading him or her of your position regarding the cell-phone ban.
- You have been told that you need to do three chores at home. Think about which three chores you would choose to do and explain why you would choose those three.
For each of the following prompts, identify both the topic of the prompt and what you are being asked to say about that topic.
- Sometimes it is fun to redecorate a room in your home. Think about which room in your home you would redecorate. Explain why you would redecorate that room and describe what it would look like when you are finished.
- Your town council is trying to decide whether to make wireless Internet available for free within the town limits. Do you think this would be a good idea? How would it affect citizens of your town? Write a letter to the town council persuading them of your position on the free wireless Internet.
- You have a friend who is being teased at school. Give your friend some advice, explaining what he or she should do about the teasing.
- Your class has decided to grow a vegetable garden outside on the school grounds. What would you grow in the garden, and why? Write down what you will say to your class to persuade them to grow your choice of vegetables.
- Your town has decided to turn the professional fire department into a volunteer fire department. How do you feel about this decision? How will it affect the citizens of your town? Write a letter to the editor of your local paper to persuade readers of your position regarding the decision to have an all-volunteer fire department.
- It is said that exercise is a good way to stay in shape. There are many exercises that a person can do. What exercises would you pick to do to stay in shape? Explain why you would choose those exercises.
- There are many different types of art. Think of a piece of art that you have liked. Explain why you liked that piece of art.
- Your softball team has decided to get a gift for your coach at the end of the season. What do you think would be a good gift? Write a letter to your teammates persuading them of your opinion regarding the gift for your coach.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Curriculum Definition
- Theories of Learning
- Child Development Theories
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- 8 Things First-Year Students Fear About College