Education.com Photo Upload Terms
Photo Upload Basics
- DO upload photographs or images that are relevant and appropriate to the Education.com page on which they are being uploaded, and that meet intellectual property, parental consent, privacy, and other applicable U.S. laws.
- DO NOT upload images if you are younger than 14 years of age, and do not upload images of children without explicit parental consent.
- Please note: We may request and require that you provide a signed parental consent form via fax or mail.
- DO NOT upload photographs that contain objectionable content, including but not limited to nudity, violence, copyrighted material, and other offensive, illegal or inappropriate images.
- The photographs you upload to Education.com pages are publicly visible. DO NOT upload any photo that you do not want seen by the 1.7 million people globally who visit Education.com each month.
Complete Photo Upload Terms
Technical & Design Requirements
You may upload to Education.com a photograph or image that meets the following technical requirements.
- Acceptable File Formats: The image file must be in a.gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png format, without animation.
- Acceptable File Sizes: The image file size must be larger than 10kB (minimum size requirement) and smaller than 3MB (maximum file size).
- Acceptable Image Size and Color: The image size should be at least 640 x 480 pixels and no greater than 1600 x 1200 pixels. Photos may be scaled for display purposes. You may upload color or black and white photographs to Education.com.
Photographs or images you upload to Education.com must be:
- Your original works and intellectual property
- Relevant to page to which the image or photograph is being uploaded
- Shared solely for noncommercial, informational purposes (no advertising or promotional image files)
- Legal for display on Education.com
Education.com has the right (but not the obligation) to remove any photograph or image that does not meet these content requirements.
License and Warranties
By uploading an image to Education.com, you grant to Education.com and its licensees and assigns, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right to copy, crop, edit, publish, display, distribute, sublicense or otherwise use the image for the full term of copyright thereof, in connection with the publication or display of Education.com content, in all languages and all media, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation on the Internet, on mobile platforms and/or devices, in printed materials, and in the advertising, publicity and promotion thereof.
You understand and acknowledge that you will not have any right of approval over the use of the photographs and will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of the photographs by Education.com or its licensees and assigns. You also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates Education.com to display or use your photograph(s).
Any photographs or images you upload that are displayed or used by Education.com pursuant to the license above, may or may not be credited to the screen name or member ID you created to register with Education.com. The use of your screen name or member ID in photography credit will be determined at the sole discretion of Education.com. Education.com will not use your real name in photography credit without first acquiring permission from you.
By uploading photos, you conclusively grant permission to Education.com and its licensees and assigns to use your screen name or member ID and submitted photograph(s), without compensation to you, to publicize and promote the photograph, and otherwise, both on Education.com and in press releases or other vehicles chosen at the discretion of Education.com.
Education.com reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter the Photo Upload Terms at any time for any reason without prior notice, or to terminate the Photo Upload Service for any reason at any time without prior notice, whether removed from the entire website or removed from individual member accounts.
Education.com reserves the right to require you to execute an affidavit of original work/photograph as a sworn document, and provide other proof of originality, as a condition of display of the photograph on Education.com.
Education.com also reserves the right to reject and remove any uploaded photo from display on its website, for any reason, at any time, without prior notice. You may also remove or delete a photo you upload from display on Education.com at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
Any photograph that is flagged as inappropriate three (3) times by members of the Education.com community will be immediately removed from Education.com. Education.com will decide when or if the flagged image(s) will be returned to display on the website.
Currently, there is no limit to the number of photographs or images you can upload to Education.com.