Asperger Syndrome affects an individual's social and cognitive understanding. We've partnered with the Autism Society to bring articles on the most pressing topics to help those affected by this complex condition.
What is Asperger Syndrome?
Asperger Syndrome involves difficulties with social interaction and communication.
- Understanding Asperger Syndrome
- Girls and Asperger Syndrome
- Autism and the Environment
- How Do I Know if it is the Autism or “Just Behavior?"
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for the Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Symptoms of Asperger Syndrome and Parenting Strategies
- Asperger Syndrome: Some Common Questions
- Characteristics of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Youth with Asperger Syndrome can learn skills to help them more easily navigate the social world.
A combination of interventions are most effective in supporting youth with Asperger Syndrome.
- 9 Ways to Help Kids With Asperger's Achieve Success
- Teaching Flexibility for the Autistic Child
- Supporting Appropriate Behavior in Students With Asperger Syndrome
- Preventing Meltdowns: Outsmarting the Explosive Behavior of Individuals with Asperger Syndrome
- Sensory Interventions and Supports for ASD
Patricia Howlin, a researcher from the UK, once said that being on the autism spectrum is like falling through Alice’s...Source: Autism Society
Traditionally, classroom literacy instruction is rooted in content indicators for each grade level. This content is...Source: Autism Society
It’s a giant oversimplification to assume that autism spectrum disorders, including Asperger Syndrome (AS), and...Source: Autism Society
Guest EditorBrenda Smith Myles, Ph.D.
Dr. Smith Myles is a consultant with the Ziggurat Group and Chief of Programs and Development for the Autism Society. She is also the recipient of the 2004 Autism Society Outstanding Professional Award and the 2006 Princeton Fellowship Award.