What do you need to know about immunization and your child’s health? Get the facts.
The Immunization Debate
Some parents claim that vaccines can have a negative impact on infants and children. What is the evidence?
Kids and Vaccination Fears
Find out how to talk to your child about vaccines and how to calm fears of needles, doctors, hospitals, and more.
- Fear of the Flu Shot?
- Coping With the Hospital for Kids
- Calm Vaccination Fears: Birth to 3 Months
- How to Calm Vaccination Fears: 4 to 6 Months
- How to Calm Vaccination Fears: 7 to 9 Months
- How to Calm Vaccination Fears: 10 to 12 Months
- How to Calm Vaccination Fears: 12 to 18 Months
- How to Calm Vaccination Fears: 18 to 24 Months
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend the following immunization schedules for children from birth to 18 years of age.
Vaccinations and Immunizations Required for Kindergarten
Each state has slightly different requirements for vaccinations and birthday cut-off entry dates. We have gathered the information you need to make registering for kindergarten as easy as A - B- C!
You may not know of Dr. Jonas Salk, but your life has certainly been affected by him! This famous scientist created the polio vaccine.
Afraid of catching a bad case of cooties? Never fear, back to school can be fun and cootie free with this awesome do-it-yourself cootie catcher.
What's a good way to make sure your hands are washed completely? Learn in this coloring page.
This history and reading project that traces the history of medical care, helps kids understand how the doctor's office came to be.
Being sick stinks! Help make being achy a little easier by helping your child craft a comforting hot water bottle doll out of fabric, googly eyes, and ribbon.
Encourage your child to think outside the bathtub by making her very own handmade soaps! Perfect as a present, a decoration, or just to pamper herself.
Here's a perfect experiment for a cold, wintry day! The loaded combination of a few natural materials results in a natural warming device that will astonish your child!
Create your very own scented hand sanitizer that will help your child to keep those nasty germs at bay!
- Are immunizations still important?
- How dangerous is the flu?
- Does giving several vaccines at once overload a child’s immune system?
- Why are vaccine-preventable diseases making a comeback?
- Are we seeing some of these diseases reappear?
- Do vaccines cause autism?