Finding, selecting and applying for the right college or university is an important and sometimes tough assignment that...Source: Educational Resource Information Center (U.S. Department of Education)
What College Admissions Officers Look For: Importance of the Personal Statement and Extracurricular Activities ?
How Important is the Personal Statement? The personal statement or essay is your opportunity to tell college admissions...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Applying to college was a simple process for the Baby Boom generation, born between 1946 and 1964. Those bound for a...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Athletic talent can be the biggest hook of all when it comes to admission at a selective college. If you are an...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The SAT is offered seven times during the school year: October, November, December, January, March, May, and June. It is...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
It starts piling up almost as soon as the bell rings on your first day of senior year: item after item appears on your...Source: National Association for College Admission Counseling
The heart of a college application is the student’s academic record—the courses taken and the grades achieved in...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
One possible outcome when hearing back from colleges is that you have been waitlisted. Being placed on a waitlist is a...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Local SAT & ACT Classes
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?
- How Colleges and Students Differ: Liberal Arts Colleges & Research Universities
- How Will I Know What Courses to Take at Community College?