What's a high school student to do? After a full day of classes, the temptation for many might be to head home and kick...Source: Education.com
When they were high school seniors back in the seventies or eighties, most baby boomers walked into the SAT exam without...Source: Academic Approach
In admissions parlance, a hook is a special characteristic a college deems desirable, over and above the qualities it is...
What you do in the summer is somewhat of a controversial topic. Some students and their families believe that students...
One possible outcome when hearing back from colleges is that you have been waitlisted. Being placed on a waitlist is a...
What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
What is My Academic Average and Class Rank? Your academic average or GPA is one of the most important criteria that...
Institutional mission—the goals a college sets for itself—is key to understanding how colleges differ. An important...
The heart of a college application is the student’s academic record—the courses taken and the grades achieved in...
It starts piling up almost as soon as the bell rings on your first day of senior year: item after item appears on your...
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- ACT Write: Example Essays and Their Scores
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?
- Why Has College Admissions Become So Competitive? : It Used to be Simple...But Not Anymore