Applying to college was a simple process for the Baby Boom generation, born between 1946 and 1964. Those bound for a...
The heart of a college application is the student’s academic record—the courses taken and the grades achieved in...
It is often said that college admissions outcomes are just not predict able. Everyone knows that it is harder to get...
Fewer than one quarter of last school year’s graduating high school seniors who took the ACT scored at the...Source: Education Week
Recruited Athletes Yet another important institutional priority or hook is outstanding athletic ability. Many selective...
What Do Selective Colleges Look for in an Applicant? Engagement Beyond the Classroom: The Extracurricular Record
Selective colleges expect students not only to be strong academically but also to be interesting, contributing members...
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- ACT Write: Example Essays and Their Scores
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?
- Why Has College Admissions Become So Competitive? : It Used to be Simple...But Not Anymore