Institutional mission—the goals a college sets for itself—is key to understanding how colleges differ. An important...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Fewer than one quarter of last school year’s graduating high school seniors who took the ACT scored at the...Source: Education Week
What Do Selective Colleges Look for in an Applicant? Engagement Beyond the Classroom: The Extracurricular Record
Selective colleges expect students not only to be strong academically but also to be interesting, contributing members...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, and outside people are subjective factors, that can add weight to...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- ACT Write: Example Essays and Their Scores
- How Colleges and Students Differ: Liberal Arts Colleges & Research Universities
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?