From thousands of applicants to single-digit acceptance rates, the numbers involved in today's college admissions...
Here are 5 ways to get off the list and into the school of your choice.
What College Admissions Officers Look For: Importance of the Personal Statement and Extracurricular Activities ?
How Important is the Personal Statement? The personal statement or essay is your opportunity to tell college admissions...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
There are various ways in which colleges read your application. Some city and state universities set minimum GPAs and...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Every college application asks you to “select a potential major” or to indicate an “area of concentration.” How...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Athletic talent can be the biggest hook of all when it comes to admission at a selective college. If you are an...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The heart of a college application is the student’s academic record—the courses taken and the grades achieved in...Source: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Local SAT & ACT Classes
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?
- What Do Selective Colleges Look for in an Applicant? The Academic Record
- Applying College Well: The Student Athlete
- College Application Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Design a Brag Sheet/Résumé?