Letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, and outside people are subjective factors, that can add weight to...
Find out the five main areas of your college application that admissions officers use to make their decision, plus how...
Students from outside of the United States experience much of the same college search and application processes if they...
The heart of a college application is the student’s academic record—the courses taken and the grades achieved in...
Every college application asks you to “select a potential major” or to indicate an “area of concentration.” How...
What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
What is My Academic Average and Class Rank? Your academic average or GPA is one of the most important criteria that...
In admissions parlance, a hook is a special characteristic a college deems desirable, over and above the qualities it is...
How do you help your child with college applications-- a huge step towards adulthood-- without smothering him? Here are...
What Do Selective Colleges Look for in an Applicant? Engagement Beyond the Classroom: The Extracurricular Record
Selective colleges expect students not only to be strong academically but also to be interesting, contributing members...
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: Transcript, Academic Averages, Class Rank, Types of Courses Taken
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Important Are Letters of Recommendation?
- College Application Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Design a Brag Sheet/Résumé?
- What College Admissions Officers Look For: How Do Colleges Read Applications?
- Applying College Well: The Student Athlete