The inclined plane—a slanted surface raised at one end—is a simple machine that does not move. It is used to lift...
A good way to solidify what you've learned about reading comprehension questions is for you to write the questions....
Phases of Fire There are three phases of fire: incipient (growth), free burning (fully developed), and smoldering...
Gears are toothed wheels that are meshed together to transmit a twisting force (torque) and motion. They are usually...
Heat and temperature are two distinct, but closely related, concepts. Heat is a measure of the quantity of energy...
Some fire departments require an oral interview; some do not. The first place to find out if the exam you will be taking...
This article will familiarize you with questions on the firefighter exam that test your judgment and reasoning ability....
This article focuses on the CPAT and provides a brief discussion of ways to prepare for the CPAT through several...
- The Wheel, Axle and the Pulley Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Gear and Belt Drive Systems Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Mechanical Aptitude for Firefighter Exam Study Guide
- Becoming a Firefighter: Psychological Tests for Firefighters
- Reading Tables, Graphs, and Charts for Firefighter Exam Study Guide