A basic understanding of the characteristics and behavior of fire is important to anyone aspiring to be a firefighter....
The work of first responders is difficult, to say the least. Emotions run high during fire and emergency incidents....
Archimedes (ca. 287–212 BC), the great Sicilian inventor, physicist, mathematician, and engineer, is credited with...
SUMMARY Mechanical aptitude is tested on many firefighter exams. This chapter will familiarize you with commonly tested...Source: LearningExpress, LLC
The Wheel and Axle The wheel and axle is another type of simple machine that moves objects across distances. Wheels...
The Wedge A wedge is an inclined plane that tapers to a sharp edge. It is used to increase force. Double wedges are...
Depending on what position you are testing for, your firefighter exam may also include a section testing your ability to...Source: LearningExpress, LLC
The inclined plane—a slanted surface raised at one end—is a simple machine that does not move. It is used to lift...
Gears are toothed wheels that are meshed together to transmit a twisting force (torque) and motion. They are usually...
- The Wheel, Axle and the Pulley Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Gear and Belt Drive Systems Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Mechanical Aptitude for Firefighter Exam Study Guide
- Becoming a Firefighter: Psychological Tests for Firefighters
- Reading Tables, Graphs, and Charts for Firefighter Exam Study Guide