Power tools are basically hand tools that use electrical, pneumatic, or fuel power. Many common hand tools discussed...
The Wheel and Axle The wheel and axle is another type of simple machine that moves objects across distances. Wheels...
Some fire departments require an oral interview; some do not. The first place to find out if the exam you will be taking...
The Wedge A wedge is an inclined plane that tapers to a sharp edge. It is used to increase force. Double wedges are...
The exponent in an expression such as 32 shows how many times the base—in this case, 3—is multiplied by itself to...
Archimedes (ca. 287–212 BC), the great Sicilian inventor, physicist, mathematician, and engineer, is credited with...
SUMMARY Mechanical aptitude is tested on many firefighter exams. This chapter will familiarize you with commonly tested...Source: LearningExpress, LLC
Main idea questions and fact or detail questions are both asking you for information that's right there in the passage....Source: LearningExpress, LLC
Water Firefighters extinguish most fires using water. It is usually available in abundance at or near the fire. Water...
- The Wheel, Axle and the Pulley Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Gear and Belt Drive Systems Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams
- Mechanical Aptitude for Firefighter Exam Study Guide
- Becoming a Firefighter: Psychological Tests for Firefighters
- Phases and Classification of Fire Study Guide for McGraw-Hill's Firefighter Exams