Fifth Grade Math
Check out these great worksheets that will help your fifth grader master math.
Anyone can be successful in math with the right strategies. Here are ten expert tips from a veteran math teacher.
Here's a list of exercises that will help math concepts become more intuitive for your child.
Math Study Help
Wondering how to help your child get a handle on prime numbers? Why not turn her into a prime number hunter?
Use a deck of playing cards to improve math reasoning skills! This two-player game requires logic and critical thinking. If your child likes puzzles, this activity will be a big hit!
In this version of the classic card game, students will gain a solid understanding of basic equivalents and will be having so much fun they may not even realize it's a math review.
Which do you prefer: real or artificial? Try this sweet little taste experiment to help your kids develop a better awareness of the food they consume.
Be the ringmaster of your very own household circus by making some juggling balls! They're super simple to make and are a blast to play with. Not to mention, they're great practicing hand-eye coordination!
Games are a great way to ease your fifth grader's fear of new math concepts. Here's an interactive, fast-paced game that will make your fifth grader feel more comfortable with simple equations.
Here's an activity that will get your child's attention with a back-to-school shopping spree. The catch? He'll have to use decimal skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide his way to a new wardrobe!
By late elementary school, students are exploring the many ways that geometry translates to real-world situations. Here's a hands-on activity that helps your child understand the concept of "circumference."
Impress your child with a bit of math magic by performing a card trick anchored in addition and multiplication.
Looking to get away from all the chemicals in store bought toothpaste? There's no need to head out to the health food store: it's easy to make eco-friendly, chemical-free toothpaste at home.
Browse All Fifth Grade Math
- Algebra & Functions
- Multiplication & Division
- Probability & Statistics
- Autism Life Skills: 10 Essential Abilities for Children with ASD
- Cultural Bias in Teaching
- The Value of Art for the Preschool Child
- Strategies to Encourage Language Learning, Strategies to Support Language Development and Learning
- Physical Development Milestones: 1st Grade
- Want Your Kid to Ace the SAT? Advice from Someone Who's Taken it 25 Times!
- General Guidelines for Caregiver Interactions with Toddlers
- Classroom Environment
- Criterion-Referenced Tests
- Outdoor Education: An Entry to Careers In Science and Math For Diverse Populations