Fourth Grade Reading
Getting to know letters and words is just the beginning. Here are expert tips on fostering your child's reading fluency.
A list of easy reading fiction books for a fourth grade student.
Bibliotherapy is a big word to describe the process of using books to help children work through real-life problems. Here's a guide for parents.
Reading Study Help
Just think how odd writing would be if you had to omit words and find synonyms. Challenge your child with this lipogram activity!
These secret code activities are fun, and also provide fourth graders with great opportunities to practice language development and logical reasoning.
Looking for a way to make vocab practice a little more engaging? This easy twist on the classic game is a great way to build your child's vocabulary.
When baking soda is mixed with citric acid, a bubbling reaction takes place. Help your child experiment with mixing some acid and baking soda by making these homemade bath bombs!
Remember the classic card game, Go Fish? Here's a fun twist on it that will help your kid learn her the different parts of speech in a fun way!
It doesnât take long before flashcard drills about prefixes and suffixes start to get old. Turn the learning process into a treasure hunt with this fun activity!
Use muffin tins to create a simple, affordable and fun game to help your kid practice his vocabulary!
Here's a tool that will help your fourth grader break down complex words without a sweat. Create a prefix-suffix flip-book and help improve your child's decoding skills and vocabulary.
Memorizing new vocabulary can be tough, but getting creative with the process can be a big help. Here's a great activity to get your child using imagination and artistic skills to create a handmade vocabulary book, complete with illustrations!
The "Little House" books are a popular series with adults and kids alike. In this activity, you'll start a book club with your family and then plan a themed dinner based on the "Little House" books. It's a guaranteed good time for everyone!
- Autism Life Skills: 10 Essential Abilities for Children with ASD
- Cultural Bias in Teaching
- The Value of Art for the Preschool Child
- Strategies to Encourage Language Learning, Strategies to Support Language Development and Learning
- Physical Development Milestones: 1st Grade
- Want Your Kid to Ace the SAT? Advice from Someone Who's Taken it 25 Times!
- General Guidelines for Caregiver Interactions with Toddlers
- Classroom Environment
- Criterion-Referenced Tests
- Outdoor Education: An Entry to Careers In Science and Math For Diverse Populations