Pirates, princesses, and pilots, oh my! Pretend play is a wonderful (and important) part of your child's life. We've gathered educational articles, activity prompts, craft ideas, and more, all to help your little one's imagination run wild!
Games to Play with Friends
Host a royal ball for your prince or princess to practice manners that even the queen will approve of!
Pirates hide their treasure by burying it in the sand of distant island beaches. Help your preschooler "hide" a treasure in an empty water bottle or small soda bottle and make ...
Who says you have to buy your toys at the toy store? In this activity, you can plan and build a pretend play city entirely out of recycled materials.
Remember the game "Mother, May I?" Try this following directions tag game that focuses on gross motor skills to the theme "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Fun indoors or out!
Want to help your preschooler learn more about his community while boosting creativity? Set up a post office play station right in your very own home!
Help your child make and plan a friend-filled storytime party that will get her excited about reading.
Pretend Play Crafts
Help your child rocket off for some high-flying fun with a jetpack you make from recycled materials and a few odds and ends.
Running out of ideas for pretend play? Here's a wacky craft that's sure to liven things up. Make a yarn wig complete with pigtails and plenty of sass.
Design a custom superhero utility belt and invent a new superhero to go with it!
Help your little fort builder move up in the world with this cardboard castle that's just the right size for a young king and his loyal stuffed subjects. He'll have fun, and ...
Ship's ahoy! Help your child craft this handmade telescope. It's easy to make and even more fun to play with. When you're done, get ready for some goofy pirate adventures with ...
Was your child enchanted by the Fairy Godmother after watching "Cinderella"? Craft a sparkling magic wand to help her indulge in a little imaginative play and make the fairy ...
- Autism Life Skills: 10 Essential Abilities for Children with ASD
- Cultural Bias in Teaching
- The Value of Art for the Preschool Child
- Strategies to Encourage Language Learning, Strategies to Support Language Development and Learning
- Physical Development Milestones: 1st Grade
- Want Your Kid to Ace the SAT? Advice from Someone Who's Taken it 25 Times!
- General Guidelines for Caregiver Interactions with Toddlers
- Classroom Environment
- Criterion-Referenced Tests
- Outdoor Education: An Entry to Careers In Science and Math For Diverse Populations