Strong Minds, Strong Bodies
From fun sandwiches that health up your kids' lunch box, to cool ways to keep them off the couch, we've got great ideas on keeping your whole family in top form: from brains to bones.
Facts about nutritional content, ideas for healthy meals, and information on diets and eating habits.
Read more: Childhood Nutrition
How can parents inspire children to get active at a young age? Advice on motivation, getting the family involved, and exercise regimens.
- Fun Summer Fitness Tips
- Can Exercise Make Your Child Smarter?
- Five Ways to Encourage Your Pre-Teen to Exercise
- New Legislation Set to Get Kids Outside
- Into the Wild: Outward Bound and NOLS
- Benefits of Physical Activity for Children
- Get Active! 10 Cardio Exercises for Kids
- Is Your Child Getting Enough Physical Education?
Read more: Physical Fitness
Diet & Obesity
Gain a better understanding of obesity and how it can affect your child at home, in school, and in social groups.
- Childhood Obesity and Nutrition: Study Recommends New School Lunch Guidelines
- Small Steps can Reduce Childhood Obesity
- Is Your Child An Emotional Eater? What You Can Do
- Obesity in Children: Are Chemicals to Blame?
- Should Schools Be the "Fat" Police?
- Why School Cafeterias Are Dishing Out Fast Food
- Childhood Obesity Campaign Seeks to Get Nation Moving
Read more: Childhood Obesity
Read all about common childhood illnesses, doctor visits, and physical milestones, plus how to take care of your child's body.
Read more: Physical Health
Emotion & Behavior
What's normal childhood behavior? What's not? Tips for helping your child regulate feelings and behaviors in a healthy and adaptive way.
- The Go-To Mom's Guide for Emotion Coaching
- Helping Your Preschooler Understand Emotions and Feelings
- Discipline and Challenging Child Behavior
- 6 Ways to Foster Emotional Literacy in Children
- Increase Your Child's Emotional Vocabulary
- Picky Eating: Childhood Phase or Deeper Issue?
- Support Social and Emotional Development - Through Play!
- Stress Reduction
Read more: Child Behavior Issues
Time Management & Organization
Read about the importance of teaching organization and time management to your child.
- Teach Time Management: The Key to Success
- Time Management: 6 Sanity Strategies
- Don't Procrastinate! Teach Your Child Time Management
- Ten Ways to Get Organized for Back to School
- Win the Battle of the Backpack: How to Organize Your Child's Bag
- Organizing for Boys: What Parents Need to Know
- Organizing Your Preteen: Tools for Success
Read more: Time Management