Admissions departments give great thought to the essay topics they include on their applications. They're designed to...
What College Admissions Officers Look For: Importance of the Personal Statement and Extracurricular Activities ?
How Important is the Personal Statement? The personal statement or essay is your opportunity to tell college admissions...
The body of your essay should be the easiest part to write. Using your outline and notes, put down your thoughts in...
Creating an outline begins with a reading of your inventory and prewriting notes. First, group related ideas together,...
Once you have a rough draft of your essay, you're ready to transform it into a polished piece of writing. The polishing...
The personal statement below is an actual student essay, which is printed in its entirety. Following each essay is a...
There are seven common types of essay structures. These types include: chronological order, interrupted chronological...
With fewer than five minutes to make an impression on the reader, application essays must stand out—quickly. Once...
- College Admission Essays: Answering the Most Common Short-Answer Question
- How to Write a Winning College Personal Statement: Sample Personal Statements and Critiques
- How to Write a Winning College Personal Statement: Examples and Critiques
- College Admission Essays: Describing Family Members Essay Example
- College Admission Essays: "Why" Transfer Question Essay Example