Our third grade math worksheets cover the key math skills that 3rd graders learn in school. Whether your child needs a little bit of extra help with a certain skill or could simply use some fun worksheets to challenge her math knowledge, our worksheets are the perfect complement to a 3rd grade math curriculum.
Tips for Tutoring 3rd Grade Mathematicians
Third grade math worksheets are a great resource for students, but kids that need a little more help might want assistance from an adult too. Try these tips to help your child improve math skills and gain confidence with the subject:
- Try working through a few problems in these third grade math worksheets with your child to show him how to solve each equation.
- Let your child attempt the problem first before showing him how you would solve the equation. Make sure to work through each step slowly, and give your child a moment to think about each step before moving on.
- Help your child get the best idea of how to solve an equation by using visual aids. Counters, such as small plastic toys or pieces of cereal, work well for demonstrating multiplication and division problems.
- Once you've reviewed a concept and solved a problem together, have your child attempt the next exercise with your supervision. Praise your child as he works through the problem, and ask questions to guide him if necessary.
- If your child needs additional help, be persistent and continue to work through problems together. Learning a new mathematic concept can be hard, but with consistency and some 3rd grade math practice, your student can become an expert in no time.
- Don't forget that there are a bunch of math worksheets for 3rd graders available, so you can always move on to a new page for extra practice and reinforcement.