What You Need:
- Tuna can or similar-sized can that has the top removed and has been completely cleaned
- Computer cooling fan cover
- Single, self-igniting charcoal briquettes
- Needle nose pliers
What You Do:
- Unscrew a cooling fan cover from an old computer or electrical appliance. This will be used as your grill.
- Cut a few small notches in the tuna can to secure the cover on top.
- Have your child place a single charcoal briquette in the tuna can.
- Light the self-igniting briquette and place the cover over the can using the pliers. Be careful, as the briquette will be very hot.
- Try cutting a hot dog in half and place on the grill for pre-supper snack!
Note: This activity should only be completed outdoors in a safe location and with proper supervision.