What You Need:
- Candy canes
- Parchment or waxed paper
- Chocolate chips
- Red and green holiday sprinkles
- Red or green ribbon
What You Do:
- Have your child line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- With your child's help, start at the bottom and partially peel back the transparent wrap on each candy cane. Leave enough wrap on the cane to cover the curved handle. Touching only the covered part will keep the candy from getting sticky while you and your child work!
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until the chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Hold the candy cane above the pot and use a spoon to coat the candy cane with melted chocolate. Repeat this process with the remaining confections.
- Place the candy canes on the baking sheet and ask your child to decorate them liberally with red and green sprinkles.
- When the candy canes are completely cool, peel off the remaining plastic wrap and discard. Wrap each cane individually in clear baker's wrap and tie them with a pretty bow!
Invite your child to arrange her delicious treats in a festive bowl or even on the Christmas tree. Giving the extras away as a special surprise for classmates and relatives is sure to be a hit!