What You Need:
- White long sleeve shirt (sweatshirt or long-sleeve t-shirt)
- White pants (sweatpants or thick leggings)
- 3 white tube socks
- Black fabric paint
- Small sponge
- Newspaper or pieces of cardboard
What You Do:
- Find a place to work on your costume where it’s okay to get things a little messy! Have your child lay out the shirts, pants, and socks and help her place newspaper or cardboard inside the clothes to keep paint from seeping through.
- Now it's time to add black spots to that stark white clothing! Trim the sponge into a circular shape, so it’s easier to make circular spots. Invite your child to paint spots all over the clothing in a Dalmatian-like fashion.
- After the paint dries, attach two of the tube socks to the headband. Cut slits at the opening of the sock to slip the headband through. These will be your child's dog ears!
- Take the other tube sock and either tuck it into the back or hot glue them to the painted pants for your child's spotted Dalmatian tail.
If your child wishes to add a little something extra to her costume, help her use face paint to spot her face or get a thick necklace to use as a “collar.” Invite her to get creative with her costume's finishing touches!