What You Need:
- Paper (various colors)
- Hole punch
- Photographs of family members (optional)
What You Do:
- You and your child might need to do a little research and organizing to track down the current addresses, birthdates, and phone numbers of all the members of your family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc.), but all this information must be collected before you begin.
- Encourage your child to devote one page of the directory to each household. For example, if his aunt, uncle, and cousin all live at the same address, give them a page of the directory, but if his cousin is grown-up and has moved out, he should get his own page. List the full names, birthdates, and phone numbers of everyone in the household on each directory page.
- He can enhance his directory by decorating the pages. He might want to add pictures of family members or fun facts about each family. Be creative and make it pretty. Don’t forget to make a cover page!
- When all the pages of the directory are complete, line them up and punch three holes across one edge of the directory. String ribbon through each hole and tie it securely, making sure to leave enough room to flip the pages.
Think about giving your finished directory as a gift to a grandparent or a sibling going off to college!