What You Need:
- Adult-sized thin white knee-length sock
- Permanent markers
- Sand, flour, salt or dry lentil beans
- 2 zipper-lock plastic sandwich bags
- Paper tape
What You Do:
- Have your child create colorful patterns or drawings on the sock.
- Help him to scoop the filler of his choice for the stress ball into a plastic zipper-lock bag.
- Put the full bag into the second bag. Seal and tape it closed.
- He can now stuff the filled bags into the sock as far down as it will go.
- Help him tie a knot in the sock right behind the bag to secure it.
- Leave, or cut off the sock that remains after the knot.
- Have him give the new stress ball a squeeze to see how it calms and relaxes him!
Send the stress ball along with directions for what to do if the sock begins to leak. Instruct the recipient to simply untie the sock and place the broken bag of sand inside a new sandwich bag.