The next time you head to the beach with your child, invite her to play Beach Burst-Out! This fun, physical game is a spin off of the old childhood favorite Red Rover. Players form a circle around the person who's "it", holding hands securely like a chain. Then "it" runs as hard as she can to break the chain and once she does, she wins! This is a great summer game for the beach but can be also played at the park and at parties, too!
What You Need:
- At least 3 players
- A large space, like a beach or park
What to Do:
- Pick one person to be "it."
- All the other players join hands in a circle around the person who is "it."
- "It" tries to break out of the circle by running hard enough into the other player's hands that they are forced to let go, while the player's try to hold on tightly to each other and keep "it" inside the circle.
- If "it" breaks out, she is the winner!
- Pick another person to be "it" and prepare for a day of fun in the sun!