Have Fun with Firework Science!
For most kids, Fourth of July fireworks are a highlight of the holiday. Who doesn't love those magnificent and exciting explosions of color? This activity is a great way for your child to make her own fireworks, without the danger of course, and celebrate the holiday with a bang! Your child will have fun and she'll even learn some science too!
What You Need:
- Large, tall clear glass jar filled with water—half a gallon or more works best!
- Blue, red and yellow liquid food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Small jar
- Spoon or stir stick for mixing
- Clear Pyrex measuring cup