Make a Thanksgiving Table Runner
So your child is way too little to carve a turkey. But that doesn't mean he can't help make the Thanksgiving meal a special one for everyone. Here's a laminated table mat he can make for your centerpiece with just a few ordinary materials. It's fun, it's colorful, and guess what? It gives him valuable help with hand strength, fine motor skills and handwriting.
What You Need:
- 2 11x17 sheets of construction paper in a strong fall color, such as gold, red, or russet orange.
- 8-12 round coffee filters
- 3 “bingo” bottles (small plastic squeeze bottles with a fabric plug) or “dot to dot” stamp pens in fall colors.
- 1 bottle of gold or silver metallic-colored liquid watercolor (available at art stores)
- 1 eye dropper
- Plastic table covering
- Scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Gold or black sharpie marker