What You Need:
- Candy molds in your favorite shape (available inexpensively at craft or gourmet stores) or an ice cube tray
- Assorted crayon bits
- Your choice: paper cups and a microwave or a muffin tin and an oven
What You Do:
- Peel the paper from the crayons and separate by color. If melting in the microwave, put each color into separate cups and melt in microwave on low, checking frequently. If melting in the oven, separate in different cups of a muffin tin and melt on low, again checking frequently. (Crayola warns that overheated crayons will create fumes.)
- When melted, pour hot wax carefully into molds. If your child has the patience, you can let one layer cool and then add another in a different color for multi-colored crayons.
- Let cool thoroughly and pop out. Voila!
Throwing a skating, garden or princess party? Find molds in a coordinating shape to make crayons and you’ve got eye-catching party favors made from your child’s scraps!