Collage this elegant spring-themed card that’s sure to freshen someone's day! Your child will be able to exercise her crafty side and ring in the new season with this watercolor art activity. The best thing about watercolor is that it’ll always look good, no matter what she decides to paint on the cover.
What You Need:
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint
- Felt in various colors
- White glue
What You Do:
- Have your child fold the watercolor paper in half lengthwise, to create a long vertical card.
- Now she can choose her favorite springtime colors to paint onto the front of the card. Use plenty of water to make the colors bright! Allow to dry completely.
- Next, draw a long stem with a leaf on the green felt. Then cut it out and glue it in the center of the card.
- Cut out four circles from various colors of felt. Start with a circle a little larger than a quarter. Each circle should be slightly larger than the last, while still being able to fit onto the cover.
- Stack the circles on top of each other in order of size, and staple them in the center. Place them in the center of the card and staple it down.
- Glue a button in the center of the flower to cover the staples.
- Write a message in your card and give it to someone you love.