Get ready! Get set! Add your sums! This super-fun, fast-paced addition game is a great way to help your child finding large sums using playing cards. Each player gets three cards and must arrange them in place value to create the greatest sum possible. Speed up the critical thinking process with the use of a timer. This won't feel like studying, it will feel like playing!
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards
- Paper, 1 sheet per player
- Pencil, 1 per player
What You Do:
- Have one of the players remove the 10's and face cards from the deck and then shuffle the cards.
- Deal six cards to each player.
- Explain to players that the goal is for them to arrange their cards in two rows of three. In each row they should create the largest number they possibly can. Then, they need to add up their two extra large numbers to figure out the sum.
- Start the timer for 1 minute and yell "Go!"
- The player who comes up with the largest sum wins all of the cards.
- Whoever ends up with the most cards after the deck has run out is the winner!