Play "Roll Those Words", A Reading Activity
Help your child practice her reading and sentence-writing skills in a fun way by playing "Roll Those Words!" In this twist on a classic word dice game, re-use your old wooden building blocks or game board dice to get your child rolling her way to reading and building her own sentences.
What You Need:
- Four 1” to 1½” cube blocks or large dice
- Large blank shipping labels or name tag labels
- Writing paper
- Shoe box or plastic container to store the game
- With the markers, print these articles and pronouns on six of the labels: A, The, This, and That (You will need to repeat two of the words). Place the labels onto a block, one word for each side.
- With the marker, print these nouns on another six labels: Bear, Horse, Dog, Cat, Bird, and Lion. Place one of these labels on each side of another block.
- On the next block, print labels and place on another block the following verbs: was, seems, feels, and looks (Repeat two of the words).
- On the remaining block, print and place these adjectives: big, brown, happy, hungry, pretty, and yellow.
- To store this activity for later use, place the word blocks, writing paper, and pencils into the shoe box or container. You may want to label the box with the game’s title.