Father's Day Paperweight
Figuring out the perfect gift for Dad isn’t as hard as you’d think! Your child can get out the acrylic paints and create a colorful paperweight perfect for dad this Father’s Day!
What You Need:
- Sketch paper and pencil
- Small rock about 4 to 5 inches in diameter
- Old newspapers
- Acrylic paint
What You Do:
- Start by offering your child scrap paper and a pencil for brainstorming designs for his painted rock paperweight. He can think of using inspiration from Dad’s favorite colors or things to do!
- Once your child is satisfied with his idea, it’s time to head outdoors for a scavenger hunt for the perfect rock. Rocks come in all shapes and sizes – just like Dad's!
- Before painting the rock, cover the work area with old newspapers. Acrylic paints can stain. Help your child squeeze colors of acrylic paint out of their containers onto a paper plate to use for painting his rock paperweight.
- Invite your child to get out the paintbrushes and use his sketch for painting his rock. Encourage him to take his time and concentrate while painting!
- Once he’s finished, allow the paint to dry overnight before giving to Dad on Father’s Day!