Have the coolest looking yard on the block! These unique paving block critters let kids unleash their creative side on one of the "squarest" garden supplies in stores. The paving block is the blank canvas, where you can paint and design a front yard friend for every season or holiday. We love the paving block turtle, which will stand loyally at your door and greet your guests.
What You Need:
- Euro paving block (you can find them in several shapes at any hardware store)
- Black permanent marker
- Wax paper
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the smaller square portion of the paving block completely green.
- With the permanent marker, draw hexagons or squares on the larger octagonal portion to represent the shell of the turtle.
- Have your child paint the boxes with natural browns and greens or even crazy colors for a really creative turtle.
- Have your child draw an eye on the turtle's head with the permanent marker, and paint it white.
- After the eye dries, put a black dot in the center to make it stand out.
- Draw a friendly smile on the face of the paving bock turtle.
- Now have your child write his name and the date on the back of the critter so you can remember when it was born!