Picture This! An Outdoor Game
Sometimes we go through life without even noticing the things around us. But that’s not the way it’s supposed to be! This game will help your child practice observational skills and visual identification while working in some exercise, too!
What You Need:
- Pictures or photos of things found in your yard (for example, a tree, slide, swing, fence, bush, etc.)
- A box
What You Do:
- Place the pictures in the box, and place the box in the center of your yard.
- Invite your child to stand several feet from the box.
- At your signal, your child runs to the box, takes out a picture, looks at it, drops it back in the box, and then runs to the object pictured.
- After touching the object, she runs back to her starting point.
This is a great way for your child to get some moderate- to vigorous-intensity physical activity, to identify objects, and to appreciate the outdoors!