Pin the Star on the Christmas Tree! Activity
Give the classic game of Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey a holiday twist by turning a piece of green poster board into a Christmas tree target! Your little preschool elf will develop some important fine motor skills while working with scissors and a pencil. Blindfold your elf, give him a good spin, and challenge him and some friends to a game of "Pin the Star on the Christmas Tree"!
What You Need:
- Green poster board
- Yellow construction paper
- Safety scissors
- Blank wall or door
What You Do:
- Draw and cut out a star patten and have your preschooler trace it, holding the pattern steady with his non-dominant hand. Once a number of stars are drawn, have your child cut them out carefully.
- While your child is at work, draw the outline of a tree on the poster board. Either cut this out yourself or help your child cut it out. Heavy poster board can be hard to cut out with safety scissors so judge for yourself who should finish this step.
- Your child is ready to play with family or friends! Ask your child to tape the tree in an open location and apply tape to each star.
- Blindfold the players one at a time, putting a star in his or her hand. Gently spin each child and have everyone call out encouragement as, one by one, each player tries to pin his star to the top of the tree!