Not all snowmen are made of ice. This popcorn snowman tastes like the holiday season and also makes a cute decoration on any dining table. It’s a no-bake activity that kids will love personalizing any time of year—no snow required. In the end, you’ll have a healthy snacktime favorite.
What You Need:
- 6 cups popped unsalted popcorn
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini M&M’s
- Red licorice whips
- Red Hots
- Pretzel sticks (optional)
What You Do:
- Help your child melt a bag of marshmallows in a pan on low-medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the vanilla to the melted marshmallows and let it stand for five minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with the popped popcorn and pour the marshmallow mix over the popcorn. Let your child stir it well with a wooden spoon to coat all of the popcorn.
- Your child can now butter her hands and form the popcorn into one large ball for the body and one small ball for the head. Put the small ball on top of the large one. Continue to create snowmen bodies until you run out of popcorn.
- Press M&M’s into the popcorn for eyes and buttons. Add Red Hots for the mouths. Wrap red licorice whips around the snowmen’s necks as scarves and top off your snowmen with a giant marshmallow hat to keep them warm!