In Your Prime
Learning to identify prime numbers can be tricky. But this fun card game can make memorizing some basic prime numbers a breeze. Find a deck of cards and deal them out. We hope you can create a lot of prime numbers!
Before you start playing, review these important math concepts:
Prime number: A number for which the only 2 factors are itself and 1. The number 1 is not prime because it is classified as a unit. Prime numbers from 0–20 are 2,3,5,7,11,13,17 and 19.
Factor: A number that divides evenly into another number
What You Need:
- Deck of cards with the face cards removed
What You Do:
- Shuffle the deck of cards and deal 6 cards to each player. Place the rest of the deck in the center of the play area.
- The objective of the game is for players to create an equation that results in a prime number using any number of cards in their hands. If a player can't make an equation, he loses his turn and must draw one card from the deck.
- Players are awarded one point for each card they use to create their equation. So the more cards players use, the more points they earn.
- The game continues until one player reaches 50 points.