Take play dough to the next level by adding surprising ingredients perfect for summer! Your child can learn more about texture through making this sandy play dough. It's as much fun to make as it is to create with!
What You Need:
- 2 cups sand
- 1+ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mixing bowl
What You Do:
- Help your child gather the ingredients needed for the sandy summer play dough along with a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and a spatula.
- Now invite her to begin measuring and adding the ingredients to the bowl.
- Encourage your child to mix the ingredients together until the play-dough forms a ball. She can turn the dough out on a floured workspace and knead the playdough until it isn't sticky, adding extra flour as needed.
- Invite your child to explore the texture of the play dough and notice the ways it is different from other play dough.
- Now your child can enjoy squishing and squeezing her play dough. And, if she creates something she really likes, invite her to let her play dough form dry in a nice sunny spot until it hardens!
Did you know: "play dough" was originally made in the 1930s to clean wallpaper? It evolved with a combination of various ingredients into the product we know and love today.