Prime Numbers Game
How quickly do you notice prime numbers? Practice in this fun card game! As you try to you’ll develop speed and understanding. This game works best with more than 2 players, and it gets more exciting the more players you have! Study the first few prime numbers as you prepare to play. Remember the value of an Ace is 1.
Term to Know:
Prime Number: a number with no factors except itself and 1 (The prime numbers you'll see during the game are 2, 3, 5, and 7. The number 1 is not a prime number and is instead classified as a unit.)
What You Need:
- Deck of Playing Cards (with face cards removed)
What You Do:
- Shuffle the cards and deal them face down to the players and ask the players to arrange their in a pile.
- Each round consists of all the players turning over the first card in their pack in an outward motion, giving every player a fair chance of seeing the card as it's turned over.
- When a prime is played, the first player to call out "prime" takes the card and any others that may be in the stack. If there's a tie, the pile should remain in the center and play should continue. If the number turned over isn't a prime number, leave the cards in the center of the table until a prime number appears and the cards are won.
- After a player wins cards, they must shuffle them into their deck before the game can continue.
- Play until one player has all the cards or set a time limit on the game and stop when time is up.
- The player with the most cards at the end of the game wins.