Early in the morning, spiderwebs are covered with morning dew that sparkles in the sunshine. Get inspired by these natural works of art by creating notecards decorated with glittery spiderwebs that sparkle just like the real thing.
What You Need:
- Black construction paper
- Glitter glue
What You Do:
- Help your child fold a sheet of construction paper neatly in half to create the card.
- Together, use the pencil and ruler to find the center point of the paper.
- Now draw a cross, then two diagonal lines over the cross, for a total of eight spokes that join at the center point.
- Have her finish drawing the design by adding three rows of curved lines to create the web.
- After the shape is completely traced in pencil, have her go over it withf glitter glue, carefully covering the whole design with thin lines of glitter.
- Let the cards dry overnight on a flat surface.
The cards look especially stunning in sunlight. Use a metallic or white pen to write on the inside so the message shows up against the black background. Fun to make and equally fun to receive, you can make them any time of the year.