Help your child design his own super-squirter! Every kid loves having water battles in the summer. The problem is, squirt guns can sometimes get expensive. This DIY water bottle squirt gun is a great homemade way to combat that.
What You Need:
- 1 plastic soda bottle
- 1 sewing needle
- Metal tongs
What You Do:
- Have your child remove the cap from the plastic soda bottle.
- Then, help her rinse it out thoroughly.
- Next, help your child carefully turn the stove on.
- Then, take over duties and grip the non pointed end of the needle with the metal tongs.
- Hold the needle directly on the burner of the stove until it is red hot.
- Then, carefully pierce the plastic cap of the soda bottle with the needle multiple times to make holes.
- Turn the stove off.
- Then, carefully place the sewing needle into water to rapidly cool it down.
- Next, help your child fill the soda bottle up with water.
- Then, let her twist the hole filled cap back onto the soda bottle.
- Go outside (preferably with someone who is ready to get wet).
- To use the squirt gun, all your child needs to do is squeeze the center of the bottle.
- Ready? Aim! Have him take his thumb off the hole!