There are plenty of fun ways to practice multiplication facts, and this game is definitely one of them! Every third grader needs to work towards memorizing his times tables. Try reviewing those facts tic-tac-toe style! Set up your board and start solving those multiplication problems. Three in a row wins!
What You Need:
- 9 sheets of white paper
- Black marker
- A friend
What You Do:
- Let your child draw a standard, nine square tic-tac-toe grid on each of the nine sheets of white paper with the black marker.
- Then, help your child place each of the nine sheets of paper in a 3x3 square, with the tic tac toe grids facing up.
- Next, take over duties and write a random multiplication equation in each of the 81 spaces.
- To play, the rules are exactly like standard tic-tac-toe.
- Your child and a friend will take turns trying to solve the various problems in the grids.
- If your child or the friend can successfully solve a problem, they put either an X or an O in the square.
- Whoever solves three problems in a row on a given grid can turn the sheet over and mark it with an X or an O.
- To win, a child must get three sheets in a row.