Tic-Tac-Toe Multiplication Activity
There are plenty of fun ways to practice multiplication facts, and this game is definitely one of them! Every third grader needs to work towards memorizing his times tables. Try reviewing those facts tic-tac-toe style! Set up your board and start solving those multiplication problems. Three in a row wins!
What You Need:
- 9 sheets of white paper
- Black marker
- Two players
What You Do:
- Let your child draw a standard, nine square tic-tac-toe grid on each of the nine sheets of white paper with the black marker.
- Then, help your child place each of the nine sheets of paper in a 3 x 3 square, with the tic tac toe grids facing up.
- Next, take over duties and write a random multiplication equation in each of the 81 spaces.
- Explain to the players that the rules are exactly like those of standard tic-tac-toe.
- Players take turns trying to solve the various problems in the grids.
- When players successfully solve a problem, they put either an X or an O in the square.
- Whoever gets tic-tac-toe on a given grid can turn the sheet over and mark it with a giant X or O.
- To win, a player must get three sheets in a row.