Valentine Bookmark Craft
Help your child fall in love with books with this Valentine-inspired bookmark. Perfect for bookworms and soon-to-be-bookworms, this craft is a fun and quick boredom buster for any weekend.
What You Need:
- 1 big foam heart
- 8 small foam hearts
- 2 tiny foam hearts
- Wiggle eyes
- Glitter glue
- Pipe cleaner
What You Do:
- Have your child glue the eight small hearts in a row, overlapping each heart slightly.
- Let her flip the row of glued hearts over.
- Help her glue the big foam heart at one end of the row. This will be her bookworm's head!
- Have her glue two wiggle eyes onto the front of the big heart.
- Let her use scissors to cut off two short antennae from the pipe cleaner. A good suggested length for each antennae is two inches long.
- Have your child glue the antennae to the back of the bhookworm's head.
- For the finishing touch, let her glue two hearts to the top of the pipe cleaner antennae. Now all she needs is a good book to put her Valentine bookmark in!