Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest
Turn any sunny summer day into a fun and special occasion by having a watermelon seed-spitting contest! Fresh watermelon can turn a whole afternoon into fun and games for the entire family.
What You Need:
- White paper
- Large knife
- Measuring tape
What You Do:
- Invite your child to gather the ingredients for the seed-spitting contest. He can get started creating a scorecard to keep track of each participant’s seed-spitting distance.
- Help your child cut the watermelon using a large knife into several slices, making sure each one has lots and lots of seeds.
- Remember, watermelon seeds can be a choking hazard, so make sure those participating in the seed-spitting contest are over three years of age!
- Now your child can find the perfect spot for the seed-spitting contest – a driveway works wonderfully. He can use a piece of chalk to mark where the player stands.
- Each person can take a turn standing on the line while eating a slice of watermelon, and spitting the seeds. Your child can use the measuring tape to measure and mark the distances. Not only is he having fun participating in a game, but learning more about measurement.
Once everyone has had a turn, your child can announce the winner – and offer a special winning treat!