Fifth Grade: School and Academics Articles
Fifth grade language arts is full of book reports, spelling tests, and reading lists. It's also full of fun. Knowing what your child is going to learn will make you better prepared to answer his questions and gauge his progress.
In early elementary school science seemed to be just fun experiments, but in fifth grade students start measuring, counting, predicting, and recording. Though there will still be plenty of interesting experiments, now your fifth grader is expected to remember science basics and be able to predict ...
Suddenly, you're the parent of a "senior" of elementary school. That means big gains in academics, and often growth spurts and hormone surges. Each kid moves at a different rate, and it can be a wild ride!
Looking for fresh reading options for your fifth grader? Look no further. We've combed the shelves for new titles to spice up summer reading. Here's our list of favorites:
Fifth grade math aims to prepare students for the big leap to middle school. With fractions, decimals and triangles it's clear your child is no longer just counting apples. By knowing the basics of what your child will be taught, you'll be better prepared for some tricky questions, such as "Why is ...
In fifth grade students begin the transition from children to young adults, and school curriculum begins to reflect that maturity. By knowing the basics of fifth grade social studies, you'll be able to help your child understand systems of government and economics.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Smart Parenting During and After Divorce: Introducing Your Child to Your New Partner