Fourth Grade: Milestones and Development Articles
Now that your child's in fourth grade you can see the end of elementary school right up ahead, but your child's still developing mentally. And at a rapid pace! What are fourth graders capable of understanding? Here's what an important expert has to say:
Picture a fourth grader completely immersed in a book or scribbling in a journal. Was the bookworm you imagined male or female? Odds are, you pictured a girl â and the odds are, your guess was right.
Readiness for serious cooperative and competitive games mixed with a thirst for self-challenge mark the fourth grade school year. You'll begin to notice some of these new movement milestones in your fourth grade child:
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Child Development Theories
- Technology in the Classroom: Helpful or Harmful?
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Bullying in Schools
- Theories of Learning