Fourth Grade: Milestones and Development Articles
Picture a fourth grader completely immersed in a book or scribbling in a journal. Was the bookworm you imagined male or female? Odds are, you pictured a girl â and the odds are, your guess was right.
Now that your child's in fourth grade you can see the end of elementary school right up ahead, but your child's still developing mentally. And at a rapid pace! What are fourth graders capable of understanding? Here's what an important expert has to say:
Readiness for serious cooperative and competitive games mixed with a thirst for self-challenge mark the fourth grade school year. You'll begin to notice some of these new movement milestones in your fourth grade child:
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Child Development Theories
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Curriculum Definition