Middle School: Milestones and Development Articles
English Language Arts, the only subject required every single year from kindergarten through twelfth grade, becomes especially important in the middle school years. Elementary teachers typically spend a large part of the day on English, usually integrating it into a wide variety of subjects.
Does your middle schooler blame others for her actions? Perhaps she says, "The teacher gave me a D" when she should say, "I didn't check my answers and got a D." Boost your child's sense of responsibility by adding these three words to their daily vocabulary: chose, decide, and pick.
Here is a thorough parenting guide to understanding gender differences in middle school.
Believe it or not, middle school lays important foundations for higher education. And whether it's calendars or coursework, there's a lot you can do now to pave the way for high school and college success.
Looking for gifts for middle school grads? Here are eight ideas to send them onto high school in style.
Playing games can be a great way to learn, and the middle years are no exception. Here are 8 cool games sure to kick learning into high gear.
- Why Do Students Struggle With Mathematics
- The Best Kids Magazines for the Elementary School Set
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Introducing Yourself to the Classroom Guide for the Substitute Teacher
- Principles of the Montessori Method
- Emotional Development
- Awesome Activities for Independence Day Weekend
- Child-Centered Education
- Curriculum Definition