Start a Community!
Find a School
Learn about your child's school rankings, parent reviews, and more.
- Characteristics of a Community of Learners
- How to Start Thinking about College ... in Middle School!
- Parent and Community Involvement in Rural Schools
- Comparison Between Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions
- What You Need to Know About Your Child's Start at Kindergarten
- How Will I Know What Courses to Take at Community College?
There's been a lot of ink spilled about "No Child Left Behind". Study after study shows, however, that one of the key predictors of student success is parent participation. Here at education.com, we believe in "No Parent Left Behind". And our aim is to show you just how easy it is to make learning a part of your family's everyday life, whether you're a Back to School Night junkie, or a PTA dropout.
In addition to hearing from the traditional experts, sometimes parents want to share experiences with other parents going through similar issues--be it bullying or learning to read, autism or applying to college. Our community area is where that happens. It's your virtual neighborhood--your place to share what you know and to go for support and advice when you need it. It's the place to exchange tips, swap strategies, and cheer each other on, whether it be about dyslexia or dioramas. Join the community!
Together, we'll build a website for all of us. A great, global show and tell. A place where parents and educators can get credible information from the best sources available, but also, and always, a place for them to hunt, peck, and click through what other users have to say. We'll point each other to the resources, discussions, and threads that helped us and steered us through. We'll add to the pot. And we'll make something wonderful. See what our users are discussing!
So use it. Share it. Add to it and invite others to do the same. Education is a huge endeavor and no small group of people can do it alone. But together, we can make a difference. Together, we'll learn.
Today on Education.com
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- Theories of Learning
- Nature and Nurture